DECIDING ON A NEW TREATMENT can raise a lot of questions and concerns. As you begin to weigh your options, it’s important to have your voice heard and share in your treatment decision-making process with your healthcare team.
Only you know your concerns and goals, and advocating for yourself can help your doctor assess treatment options based on how they work with the disease and impact you. By working together, you are more likely to get better quality of care and determine a treatment plan that works for you.
Questions To Ask Your Doctor
Asking your doctor questions is vital to getting the information you need to make informed decisions. If you’re considering IBRANCE®, help get the most out of your next conversation with your healthcare team with these questions:
- What are my options for treating my metastatic breast cancer?
- If I were prescribed IBRANCE, are there any tests that would need to be done?
- What do I need to know about IBRANCE?
- What are the potential side effects of treatment?
- Will I have to make any lifestyle changes if I am prescribed IBRANCE?
- Do you know of any resources to help with financial support for IBRANCE?
Tips For Your Appointment
If you hear words you don’t understand, don’t hesitate to ask your doctor to use simple words or provide clarification to help you better understand your treatment. Consider bringing a notepad with you so you can write down what you hear.
Also, try to bring a loved one with you to your appointments. In addition to providing emotional support, this person can help you remember important information.
LEARN HOW IBRANCE WORKS
Take an in-depth look into how your treatment works.
Doctor Discussion Guides
Are you considering IBRANCE? Use this guide to help start a conversation with your doctor.
Already on IBRANCE? Find tips for talking to your doctor about your treatment with this guide.